RCL CertificateBot is installed in a server running a website. It allows for automatic renewal of SSL/TLS certificates and installation of certificates in the server.
RCL CertificateBot runs as a Windows Service in a Windows Server.
RCL CertificateBot runs as a Daemon in a Linux Server.
- The application will request a list of certificates in a user’s subscription in the RCL Portal
- It will look for certificates in the list that are flagged ‘to-be-saved-in-the-server’. If it finds a certificate, it will save the certificate in the server.
- Certificates that are saved in the server will then be flagged as ‘saved-in-the-server’
- The application will then send a request to to renew certificates in a user’s subscription. This request is sent every four (4) days
- If a certificates is about to expire, it will be renewed and flagged as ‘to-be-saved-in-the-server’
This entire process is repeated every four (4) days to ensure the automatic renewal and installation of certificates in a server.
Web servers can use the certificates saved in the Windows or Linux server.
The following web servers are supported:
- Apache Tomcat
- any server that configures SSL/TLS by referencing certificates files stored in the server