SSL/TLS for Web Servers and Hosting Systems
This workload is applicable for the manual creation, installation and renewal of a SSL/TLS certificate in a web server.
The web servers may include :
- Apache Tomcat
- Microsoft IIS
- Other web servers and hosting systems
Step 1 : Create the SSL/TLS Certificate
- Create the SSL/TLS certificate in the RCL Portal by using either the :
- Stand Alone option
- Stand Alone SAN option
- The Stand Alone option allows for one domain on a certificate, the SAN options allow for two domains on a single certificate.
Step 2 : Install the SSL/TLS Certificate in a Web Server
- Install the SSL/TLS Certificate in a web server :
Step 3 : Renewing a SSL/TLS Certificate
SSL/TLS Certificates will expire within 90 days. Follow these instructions to renew the certificate.
- Delete the SSL/TLS certificate in the RCL Portal
- Create a new certificate using the ‘Stand Alone’ or ‘Stand Alone SAN’ option
- Remove the old certificate and re-install the new one in your web server