Authorization is required for the following operations :
- to make authorized requests to the RCL Renewal API
- to use the RCL AutoRenew Function app
- to access Azure App Services , Key Vault and DNS Zone
- to use the RCL certificateBot
This authorization will be granted through an AAD Application.
- In your Azure Active Directory (AAD) tenant, add a new ‘App registration’
- Add a name for the new App registration. The app should access accounts in the user’s organizational directory only (Single tenant)
- Click the ‘Register’ button
In this section, the following credentials will be obtained from the AAD application :
- Client ID (Application ID) - Client Secret - Tenant ID (Directory ID)
In the Active Directory, open the application that was registered
Copy the Application (client) ID [Auth:client_id] and Directory (tenant) ID [Auth:tenantId] for configuration purposes
- In the ‘Certificates & secrets’, create a new client secret. You must remember to change the client secret when it expires. It is recommended that you use the maximum expiry period for the secret.
- Copy the Client Secret Value for configuration purposes [Auth:client_secret]