This workload allows for the automatic creation, installation and renewal of a SSL/TLS certificate for Azure Kubernetes Service using :
- Create the SSL/TLS certificate in the RCL Portal by using either the :
- The SAN option allow for two domains (wild card + naked domain, eg: *.contoso.com, contoso.com) on the certificate, whereas, the other option only allows one domain on the certificate.
- After creation, the certificate is automatically imported to Azure Key Vault
- Check for the certificate name and version in Azure Key Vault
Azure Key Vault to Kubernetes (akv2k8s) makes Azure Key Vault secrets, certificates and keys available in Kubernetes in a simple and secure way.
Learn about : akv2k8s
After creating and installing the SSL/TLS certificate in Azure Key Vault using the RCL portal, follow the instructions in the video link below to configure the certificate in a ingress controller in AKS using akv2k8s :
SSL/TLS Certificates will expire within 90 days. Follow these instructions to automatically renew the certificate.
- Use the RCL AutoRenew Function to automatically renew certificates
- The certificates will be automatically renewed , imported to Key Vault and the ingress controller and akv2k8s will ensure the certificate is updated in AKS without any user interaction being required